Saturday, April 24, 2010


This is my entry for the "Girly Girl" Challenge over at the Stampotique site. I cut out a bunch of brand names from a magazine, copied them and then colored them in with different colors. If shopping isn't what being a "Girly Girl" is all about, then I don't know what is?
I can tell now that I have picked up different influences in my artwork from some of the blogs I frequent. TumbleFish being one and maybe even a small about of Zetti (Teesha Moore) in there too. The last thing I want to do is copy someone else's work, but if I can learn from them and make it my own, then that's completely different. I can only hope that the people I've learned from take it as a compliment.

5 comments:

  1. What a perfect girly girl card! Love all the girl phrases! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon! You've done it again! OUTSTANDING work! I love how you've pulled together the checkerboard edges and scalloped top..the colors, the text.....great job! Thanks so much for joining us for the designers' challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Shannon. You've created a picture that perfectly fits the Stampotique stamp you've used

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Card! Thanks for playing with us at Stampotique

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the lovely comment,Shannon! You are so sweet :) I'm VERY bad about commenting, so please forgive me... I do LOVE this entry you did for the Stampotique challenge (I am HOOKED on Torrente & Penney images!!). Your card is definitely the embodiment of the shopoholic girly girl!

    ReplyDelete