Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quite awhile ago I stamped this Asian beauty on some transparency along with the fans and I then colored them in on the backside using Twinkling H2O's. The transparencies turned out really pretty that way. But then for some reason I set the three stamped images to the side and forgot about them. I didn't get back to making something with them until now. I have since attached the two fans to the main transparency and then attached that focal piece to some black cardstock.

Yesterday I finally finished making something with these transparency images. I attached some beautiful redish/pinkish cardstock to a cardboard piece that measures 7x9 and then I stamped some cherry blossoms on the red/pinkish cardstock. Then I stamped out a motivating sentence that I randomly came up with using the Asian style word stamps that I got from Club Scrap and then attached the focal transparency piece to it the larger cardboard piece. To finish it up I added some black German Dresden to the top and bottom of it, then on either side of the piece I ran some black Stickles glitter glue along the sides and then I added some paper flowers to the cherry blossom branches. Finally, I embellished the paper flowers with black Stickles glitter glue. By the way, I realize the main stamped image of the Asian woman is kind of hard to see. Try clicking on it if you want a better look.

I'm not really thrilled with the paper flowers that were added and how they turned out. But what's done is done. I actually initially tried making some cherry blossoms that stood out with some of Ranger's liquid pearls. However, they ended up looking really sloppy, so I needed to make these paper flowers to cover that mess up so you couldn't see it. Overall though, I'm happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment